Lucid is a boutique creative ecommerce agency specializing in branding, design, and development. We build beautiful, functional websites with a focus on authentic storytelling and emotion—through design, imagery, and content.
Our clients are fast-growing ecommerce brands on Shopify and Shopify Plus.
We have a talented team of people who are passionate about what they do, love their work, are keen to continue learning, and strive for excellence.
We’re looking for an experienced frontend developer with expertise in Liquid and Shopify theme development and a great eye for design. This would be an ideal fit for someone with 5+ years of professional experience and 2+ years of Shopify/Liquid experience.
The role involves working directly with clients and with a small team of Lucid coworkers. You’ll have an opportunity to dive in and engage directly with clients, evaluating business requirements helping to solve client needs as they arise. In this role, you will:
- Build out and maintain the front-end of client’s sites
- Be the go-to developer for multiple clients with ongoing site updates and tweaks
- Liaise with clients and Lucid team members on a regular basis
- Work closely with Project Managers to define requirements
- Understand business requirements with a focus on user experience
- Execute development tasks with speed and accuracy
- Stay up to date with front-end trends and best practices
- Become an expert in eCommerce best practices and the Shopify platform
- Minimum of 2 years working within the Shopify ecosystem, with working knowledge of Liquid
- Organized and punctual. You can commit to, and meet deadlines
- Experience working with development teams to execute projects
- Relocation package to help with move to Nelson from other New Zealand city
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Holidays
- Opportunities for profit-sharing
- Based in The Bridge Street Collective, Nelson’s award-winning coworking space
- Opportunities to travel and attend events—in New Zealand, Australia and/or farther afield