Lucid is a boutique creative ecommerce agency specializing in branding, design, and development. We build beautiful, functional websites with a focus on authentic storytelling and emotion—through design, imagery, and content.
Our clients are fast-growing ecommerce brands on Shopify and Shopify Plus.
We have a talented team of people who are passionate about what they do, love their work, are keen to continue learning, and strive for excellence.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby developer with the ability to jump into the frontend when necessary. Shopify experience is nice, but not essential. This would be an ideal fit for someone with 4+ years of professional experience.
The role involves working directly with clients and working with a small team of Lucid members. You’ll have an opportunity to dive in and engage directly with clients, evaluating business requirements while helping to solve client needs as they arise. In this role, you will:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Be the go-to developer for multiple clients with ongoing apps, site updates, and tweaks
- Liaise with clients and Lucid team members on a regular basis
- Work closely with Project Managers to define requirements
- At least 4 years experience with Ruby and a knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (such as Liquid)
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (we use Git)
- Organized and punctual. You can commit to, and meet deadlines
- Experience working with development teams to execute projects
- Competitive compensation
- PTO, Sick Leave, Holidays
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Commuter benefits
- Opportunities for profit sharing